If you can use a drill, screwdriver and caulk gun... You can install EZE-Breeze windows in about 15 minutes each!
EzeBreeze units really are easy to install and are the best way to extend your living space. But, we can help you find a contractor in your area to help build your 3 season sunroom or just install your windows.
If you are going to install yourself, here is what you need to know:
- Arrange your units to match each opening.
- Remove any shipping straps
- Place window in opening just to make sure it fits. Then remove unit and caulk around the outside of the opening where the flange is going to sit.
- Apply caulk about 1/2" from the edge all the way around, leaving no gaps.
- Then place unit back into opening - have all vents down to the bottom. Center side to side and top to bottom. Use shims to keep unit in place. Having someone on the inside to help you is nice.
- Put 6 screws in to hold unit in place - see diagram in downloaded instructions below. Raise the vents and continue installing rest of screws as per Outside Mount Installation Instructions..
- After installing screws, make sure all vents operate smoothly and lock into place. If there is any binding or issues, remove screws and make sure unit is square or did not shift.
IMPORTANT: Once you are sure everything is working correctly - remove the plastic shipping spacer at the top of the unit.